Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
I'm getting close to painting my car, it's a 70 Coupe. I would like to paint it the color of the new Mustangs - Yellow. I know black stripes were not standard on a Coupe. Has anyone out there seen any that have been done? I would like to know what you think.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
If your not worried about originality, I say go for it. I've seen the Mach 1 hood treatment done on some coupes and convertibles and it really sets the car off. Yellow with the black stripes would look trick.

Rich
1966 GT convertible

G

·
0 Posts
I agree with Rich, if you are not concerned about originality then you should do whatever you want, after all, you are building your pony to make you happy right? I have seen a couple of Mustangs with the yellow/black color scheme, and they have all looked sharp. Good luck, and maybe you can show us how it came out when you are done...?

Mike
1969 Acapulco Blue Mach 1
351W M Code

"Women fear me, cars want me"

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
I saw photos of a 70 (maybe 69?) coup painted yellow with black racing stripes over the hood, roof and trunk. Looked good if you like the hot rod look.

sure it's fun (most of the time), but it's only a car.

G

·
0 Posts
there is a 70 coupe that lives on the next street down from me. it is green with white lemans stripes. it looks very good. it also has a boss style hoodscoop and some pretty decent rims. i think lemans stipes look good on just about anything except trucks. they look pretty goofy.

Corpus Christi TX

1 - 6 of 6 Posts