Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Maybe a newbie question, I'm thinking about making a stroker out of a 351 Cleveland. Any suggestions, pros / cons??

Let the fireworks begin :D :D

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Stroking a 351c is cool fun.
Simply because you don't need to buy aftermarket heads to get good power. I have a kitten cam in my stroker right now and it put out 290 RWHP through an AOD with nothing done to the heads. The car idles like a stock 289 at the red lights ;) 7Dstroker has 430 RWHP out of his 408 cleveland stroker with bone stock heads a little wilder solid roller cam.

I love my cleveland stroker and you can have it when you pry it from my cold dead hand. Even it I did break the oil pump in it ;) And I will prob be adding a little bit more on the cam soon ;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
If you have enough money to build a 351C properly you don't need to stroke it, it will scare the #$% out of you.

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Oh, oh..... another central valley guy....

*G*

If you've got about $10-12.00 per crankshaft HP to build it right, I'd say have a blast. You could run Super Gas with something like that..... really, the only con is not having the budget to do it right. I'd hate to see a good Cleveland block and 4V heads ruined.

That's why I run a W in the race car.....who really cares if it breaks?

hehe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts