Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I thought that I would be posting dyno numbers 10 days ago, but NOOOOOO!

The engine is in and runs (brief periods as no radiator installed). It sounds mean, but I guess open headers will do that to any engine.

The nicely powder coated water pump wouldn't work with the "Lincoln swap" pulleys so that had to change (the pump). Then it turned out that the A/C compressor was an issue (brackets, etc.) so more delays. Then the employee who was working on it "decided to take a couple of days vacation.

For those of you considering a clevor or fake boss using Cleveland heads on a windsor block, be aware that there are numerous issues with the swap AND you can get more power with a set of aluminum heads. About the same money I think after all is said and done.

If I didn't still owe a couple of thousand$ I'd swear I was just continuing to be pushed to the back of the line.

Oh well. It will be different and should be lots of fun. But be forewarned if you are considering this as there are LOTS of things other than just water passages and intake issues to be dealt with.

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Whew, I almost bought a 351 clevor 2 weeks ago.....I opted to make a stroker out of the motor I have.

I know all will turn out for the best in the end for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts