Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading some of the problems folks have had with the CHP Stroker kits, and reading elsewhere about long delays in deliveries from CHP, I got worried. I cancelled my order with them, then ordered the Stroker kit from SCAT. A little more pricey, but a little less worrisome.

I can't say for sure that any thing is wrong with CHP, but I just lost my comfort level with them. When I ordered the kit, two weeks ago, I asked if everything was in stock. They said yes, and that it would be shipped that day or the next. Two weeks later, I call them, and they say they are waiting on a production run for pistions. Should only be a couple of days. Called again today, and go the same story. I have dealt with this run around from to many vendors, before.

Oh well, I am two weeks behind on my engine build, and still waiting for parts.

rk

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hey, you're in Plano? I'm in Rockwall. We guys in the North-east corner of the metro-mess should have a get together one day. PM me.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I got my 347 shortblock from them a few years ago. They were actually 6 days early on my delivery. I have had no problems (~13k miles). Since I got the block with the crank, rods, pistons, & cam installed I double checked their work before finishing the assembly and everything was good. I also have several 5.0 friends that run CHP 347s that are built more for drag racing and put out more power than mine and they have not had any problems either.

Just my experience

1 - 7 of 7 Posts