Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got home from Vacation today to find the new strut rods that I ordered from NPD right before I left on vacation. Why the heck are those nuts that hold the bushings in place so hard to find!!! The guy at NPD said that they were no longer being reproduced, and that they didn't have any. He said that I could get them at a hardware store if they didn't come with the new strut rods (of course they didn't).

So I spent 3 hours at 4 different places looking for stupid nuts that would fit. NOBODY has them. The first guy figured out what I needed. 11/16 with 18 threads per inch. Definitely not a common nut.

I called back NPD and they guy couldn't really help me, as there is nothing in his computer for 67's.

I ended up ordering from Mustangs Unlimited, as they seemed to have them @ 3.50 per nut + shipping. Crap! $21 bucks just for 4 nuts.

Oh well, too bad my prior strut rod nuts were frozen.

I did make a little more progress on the front suspension rebuild, even though I'm stuck until I get the strut nuts.
I put in the new sway bar and got the new driver's side spring back in + new shock.

blah...
:p

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
why do you need more then two nuts and I've had mine for 19 years and i still haven't lost them ::(maybe its that i always were briefs) hahaha

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
When I need any type of bolt/nut, I go to the place where building contractor's order their stuff. In Peoria, the company name is "Fastenal". If they don't have it they can order it and get it within a day. The last bolts I ordered came from the Chicago area. I'm sure there are places like this in Chicago. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts