Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
Will it not rotate, or not push in? Worse case I’ve had to break the bulb, then use Needle nose pliers to bend the ‘barrel’ sides inward enough to get the bulb to pull out. Basically wedge one side of the pliers between the body and the bulb, grip tight, and twist counter clockwise

·
Premium Member
6,064 Posts
You could take the housing off the valance, and the socket out of the housing, but as long as it's OFF, you can just break the bulb and use a pair of needle nose pliers to reach in and turn the bulb base 1/4 turn counterclockwise and pull it out.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
After you break the bulb, spray a little penetrating oil on the bulb base. I've used a large flat blade screw driver to push into the socket then rotate ccw. You'll have to depress the bulb end into the light socket to get the ears to go below their retainer notch.

·
Registered
7,756 Posts
Will it not rotate, or not push in? Worse case I’ve had to break the bulb, then use Needle nose pliers to bend the ‘barrel’ sides inward enough to get the bulb to pull out. Basically wedge one side of the pliers between the body and the bulb, grip tight, and twist counter clockwise
This is what I’ve done in the past as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts