Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to all the VMFers who have provided assistance in the past. My right front spindle on my 65FB is stuck (still). I was told to check the tapers by camachinist and others. What does this mean? I pulled both studs out of the spindle ends and checked them for problems (none were seen). The spindle turns easily when the LCa or UCA is jacked up. Will the weight of the car on the tires alleviate this problem? The left spindle turns easily when no "load" is applied. I am hesitant to proceed with the rest of the brake/wheel assembly if I can't get the spindle to turn properly. Should I go ahead and replace the upper ball joint? TIA.

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
If the shock is not attached, then the spindle has dropped lower than it is designed to work. If this is the case, then either the upper or lower ball joint is jammed. Install the shock and give it a try...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Art, the shock is NOT attached now. I will try that as soon as I get home. I see the light at the end of the frustration tunnel.... or is that a train?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts