Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i posted the other day but i was out for a few days and missed the post while it was hot and now its no longer being replied to...

anyways. my bone stock 351C 4v with 600cfm holley carb, autolite dizzy. stumbles/bogs down very badly when you floor the pedal in any gear.
ive gotten some responses to advance the timing some, and to look at the accelorator pump. my question is what do you do with the pump? im terrified of tinking with carbs. any help appreciated.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Look down inside he carb and pull the linkage to wide open rapidly (engine off). You should see two streams of fuel shoot into the carb bores. If that's not happening, then the accelerator pump is shot. It really is an easy thing to fix on a carb. Look at the linkage and you'll se where its attached to an arm that pivots up into a square block thats about 2 inches square with a small screw at each corner. That houses the accelerator pump diaphram. You just unscrew those 4 screws and replace the rubber diaphram. Sometimes you get lucky and their located right where you can get to them and other times you need to remove the carb. Also check the linkage, should be on the arm but not depressing it. It may also have several holes for adjustment to lenghten the throw for an increased shot.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks you guys, that was very good advice.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
could it be ignition?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts