Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why do some sportfoofs/mach 1 have a circle behind the window and some dont????

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Well, to begin with, please don' t call my car stupid...just kidding...maybe

Boss 302's were the only model that had those deleted at Shinoda's (Boss designer) request.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i ment stupid 69 stang question.
sorry for any mis under standing

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
I'm just kidding...really, no insult taken.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
ok, here's the deal. You are talking about the circular medallions that are black and chrome and look kind of like the gas cap? The parts catalogs list these for 69/70 and even the Osborne assembly manuals show these on 70 sportsroofs. However, in production Ford did not put these on the 70! They are only on the 69 sportsroofs (and Mach's?) Page 107 of "Mustang, America's Classic Pony Car" shows a 69 Boss 429 with the roof medallions. pg. 96 of the same book shows a 70 sportsroof without it. Page 100 shows a 70 boss 302 without it. Page 108 shows a 69 Shelby GT500 without the roof medallions. Hope this helps answer the question.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I think it is one of those things that has to do with where the car was built, San JOse, Metuchen or Dearborn.....

I could be wrong but they did tend to have different shinnanigans
during the building phases so slight differences were evident even among Boss302 cars....(mostly with paint)

I can imagine slight deviations in exterior decorations

·
Registered
762 Posts
It is my understanding that all the 69 Sportsroofs had them (except the boss 302).

The good ones are not cheap ! Something like 100 bucks a side. Maybe more now..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts