Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the 1969 GT with magnum 500's on it. How do I know if a mustang came with chrome styled steel wheels or magnum 500's from the factory? It does not say on the marti report.
Thanks for any help...

·
Premium Member
5,933 Posts
I bought the 1969 GT with magnum 500's on it. How do I know if a mustang came with chrome styled steel wheels or magnum 500's from the factory? It does not say on the marti report.
Thanks for any help...
A '69 GT would have come with Styled Steel Wheels with the GT center caps. Only the Boss 302 that year came with wheels somewhat resembling what later became the Magnum 500. It had argent painted centers and stainless trim rings though.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Thanks,
I'm guessing the all 4 rims were 14x7?
or did they come standard 14x6? just trying to get an original look.
Attached is a listing of wheels available for 1969 Mustangs. Note that the only 7" wheels were 15 x 7's, and only available for the Bosses and GT 350/500's.
Note that one 5", 4 lug wheel was available for 6 cylinder models, and one 5", 5 lug wheel painted white, was available for all models except GT's,Bosses, and GT 350/500's ; the rest were all 6" wheels. Also note that all but two were carry-overs from 1968. While the attached is from the 1965-72 MPC (which was printed in 1975), which means that items could have changed since 1969, the listing, however, compares to that in the 1960-68 MPC for 1968 Models (except for the 7" wheels). The main point here is that the GT wheels were 6".

Bob

1969 Wheels - 1965-72 MPC.jpg

·
Registered
67 Posts
A 1969 GT would have come standard with 14x6" Argent Silver Painted Styled Steel Wheels with trim rings and "GT" center caps. Optional was the Chrome version of this same wheel that was standard on the Mach 1 but with the "GT" center caps (instead of the plain center caps on the Mach 1). The rim on the Chrome version was not chrome (painted black) so it used the same trim rings as the argent silver version. If your Marti report makes no mention of the Chrome wheels, then it had the standard Argent Silver versions as shown in this picture.

Doug

1 - 9 of 9 Posts