Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm going to add a pair to my car, weld in. are any actually better or just higher priced because of the company name? had good or bad fitment with one brand over another?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Street or Track, or Mike Maier Inc. Both have more than one welding point at each end. You can also add the an X brace with MMI’s subframe connectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,247 Posts

·
Registered
3,210 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Couldn't get the spintech link to work but google imaged it and those are some good looking sfc's! Wish they had been around when we did mine!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I’ve used both the Tinman and the spintech ones. I had side exit exhaust and the spintech cleared their exhaust perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
516 Posts
Used Global West's, fit perfectly, quite sturdy. Got them from OpenTracker (spread the wealth).
Not worth much, but on that much criticized recent Fast-N-Loud episode building the Bullitt they used GWs.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I have a set of both Global West...and a set of USCT contoured connectors( 65-66 Mustang CNC Cut Floor Contoured Frame Connectors ). I have not yet installed either...but my plan is to install the global west connectors first...then cut up the USCT contoured connectors and weld them to the sides of the GW connectors and the full length of the floor...essentially taking advantage of the twist resistance of the DOM tubing as well as the extra strength of being tied into the unibody the entire way...not a SFC idea for the faint of heart since it costs twice as much and requires a lot of extra work.

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Another vote for tinman. Not sure how deep you're going with the car but I'm adding convertible inner rockers as well and plan on running some tubing from them to my sub Fran connectors.

·
Registered
403 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
SpinTech Subframe Connectors

I installed the Spintech Subframe connectors in my 65 Fastback. I think they are an excellent product, but they do require a lot of custom work, fitting, and welding based on my application. I had to remove my seat risers since I am fitting 2017 Recaros into my car, so these were the perfect solution since they actually reinforce the floor. There are simpler bolt on applications from TCP, Heidts, Maier Racing, and other vendors that can be installed within a fraction of the time. It all depends on what you plan to do with your car, type of exhaust, and the amount of power you plan to run.

Spintech Mustang Sub-Frame Connectors

·
Registered
582 Posts
So far the spintech are the ones I like the most due to how they are welded to the floor pan the full length. That will do allot to get rid of the flimsyness of the floor pans. What's another 100 plug welds to install them when I am already doing vert rails and lots of sheet metal...

They are on the top of my list when I get to the point I need them. Still have to get everything on from the floor supports forward...

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
So far the spintech are the ones I like the most due to how they are welded to the floor pan the full length. That will do allot to get rid of the flimsyness of the floor pans. What's another 100 plug welds to install them when I am already doing vert rails and lots of sheet metal...

They are on the top of my list when I get to the point I need them. Still have to get everything on from the floor supports forward...
The USCT connectors are similar...but they are actually contoured to the pan the entire length and meant to be seam welded the entire way...which is why I plan on combining them with the GW connectors...the reason I am making the hybrid connectors they will end up being is that unlike the USCT connectors alone(or the spintechs) I gain the benefits of torsional resistance to flex that the DOM tubing of the GW connectors provides in addition to the full length tie in. To be clear...I foolishly did not install convertible inner rockers when I did my floors and torque boxes(didnt consider it until it was too late and boxes and half the pans were in) so the hybrid connectors are kind of a substitute for the missing inner rockers.

PS, the pans arent all that flimsy once you have the seat risers installed...they flex very little even with your entire weight on the back floor at that point...but yes, the Spintech or USCT connectors will add a lot of floor strength if you plan to put an elephant back there.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts