Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some help. I am developing hair line cracks on the paint from twisting caused by lack of subframe connectors. I am looking for measurements for: length of user's connectors, where are your's placed, thickness of the pipe, dimensions and shape. I have seen the straight ones like the racing M+ ones only.

Please keep the potty humor to a minimum. ::

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Dan,
Who told you the cracks were from the lack of subrame connectors? My guess is that those cracks are from the prior body work, as they are right at the trunk hinge supports. Probably from that left 1/4 replacement, and whatever related damage there was. Subrames are great, but I have never heard of them being used to cure body cracking..especially that far rearward..
blkstlln

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
I haveta agree with Scott....If you indeed had that much body twist to crack paint....you've got more problems then what "Subs" are gonna correct.... :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Come to Sultan and bring your tape measure :) I have TCP & Traction Masters installed on mine.

While your cars in the shop I'd also put some serious thought into having some 67/68 front torque boxes installed to to stuffen things up and add some level of safety.

Ken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts