Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I put in my subframe connectors and they do work wonders. Just backing in and out of my driveway I do not have anymore squeaks and creaks. I just test drove it around the block a few times and it is a BIG improvment and I didn't even get them welded in yet. (bolt-in type)

But, the directions make it sound easy. Remove front eyebolt and replace with the bolt provided thru the connector and frame. What they do not mention is when you remove the front eye bolt. The spring moves up toward the body. You have to remove the shock mounting plate to relieve the pressure on the spring. But they do work!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
These are not welded-in types of subframe connectors!?! Weld them quickly; the amount of stress you're putting on the unibody sheetmetal may cause fatigue in short order - not a good plan for a 35 year old car!

Glad they work for you as well as they worked for me!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are bolt-in Competition Engineering connectors. I was up in Reno so I stopped by Summit to pick them up. Summit is the least expensicve also compared to the Mustang catalogs.

I will get them welded this week.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I'm also using the CE sub frames. Mine were the bolt in ones that I welded in. They definately helped get rid of a bunch of my squeeks and rattles.

jond - If you get under your car and grind off all the paint and grease where the subframes would need to be welded, I'd guess a shop wouldn't charge too much to weld them in, maybe $50-75?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will be getting mine welded on Thursday. I went to a bunch of shops but most of them either did not know what I was talking about or just would not do it. Once I found a shop that knew what I was talking about, I just said, ok I will bring it in and did not even ask how much. But I also figure $50-$75.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts