Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
My vote is for one of the 3 following:

1. USCT contoured SFCs: http://store.uscartool.com/65-66-mustang-floor-contoured-frame-connectors.html
2. The aforementioned Spintechs
3. Global West tubular SFCs

The Spintechs and the USCT contoured connectors tie into the floor the entire way. I myself am combining the Global West tubular SFCs(round tubing resists twisting best) with the USCT contoured connectors(IE cutting them up and welding them to the sides of the GW connectors) to essentially get the advantages of the tubular connectors and still tie into the floor the entire way.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Are you good with fabrication? I've been interested in trying these:

My question is would adding sub frame connectors without even having torque boxes be counterproductive? or better than before?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Are you good with fabrication? I've been interested in trying these:

My question is would adding sub frame connectors without even having torque boxes be counterproductive? or better than before?
It would still be better than before...SFCs will keep the unibody from "peaking" and "dipping" under acceleration and deceleration...but don't expect miracles from SFCs alone. Ideally you would want torque boxes, SFCs, convertible inner rockers, and convertible upper and lower seat pans(and a metal rear seat divider)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
That looks pretty trick. But, am I seeing that you had to, errr, "massage" the exhaust pipe? If so, how much therapy was required from the mallet?
If you were considering an x-pipe...just get a narrower one that would allow you to pull the pipes inward and upward and I am sure it wouldn't even be an issue

·
Registered
793 Posts
I've got a set from tin man to add to my A-code. I've already installed the torque boxes and gusts, shock tower reinforcement plates and have TCP tubular bracing under the hood..

After this and multiple other threads.. I think the T code is going to get the torque boxes, convertible inner rockers and a one piece seat pan!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
The '67 I am looking at already has the passenger side torque box installed. Which is nice since I won't have to do it.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Hey folks. Quick question for you all.....

What is you preffered sub-frame connector for a 1967-68 coupe? Having searched all around I feel like the Detroit Speed version is what I will choose. But, I also like the TCP setup with a eye down the road for their whole bracing kit. My fear with that is whether or not it will interfere with the exhaust system.

This is all speculative on my part as I haven't bought a Coupe yet. But I have been talking to a guy that has a entire project for sale that I fully intend to buy in the coming month or two.Thanks for your help.
So it might be overkill but with all that you are talking about why not just put a frame under it ?https://www.schwartzperformance.com/chassis/1964-1973-mustang-chassis/

·
Registered
4,190 Posts

·
Hi, how ya doin?
1,839 Posts

·
Hi, how ya doin?
1,839 Posts
Paul I purchased it from Mustangs Unlimited about 1 year ago. NPD has one in their catalog, here is the link.
When I installed mine I did not use the supplied self tapping screws, I nut & bolted mine in.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts