Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had my best luck with NPD. They have good prices and great customer service. If you aren't satisfied with any of their parts you can return them easily. I have done this a couple of times and they are always easy to deal with.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
I would recomend Matt at Pondarosa Mustang Not the biggest but the best customer service you will find. When you call your talking to the boss. ALways better to call than email. Has been long time surporter of this site.

Mark

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
N.P.D., hands down.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I have used Mustangs Unlimited only because they are very close to my house. I plan to try Matt from Ponderosa Mustang on my next purchase, I've heard good thing about him.

·
7,015 Posts
I've used Matt when I wanted the best price and wasn't real concerned about how long it was going to take to get the parts. You just can't beat his prices, it seems.

For blazing speed and good service on parts I really need right away, it's NPD hands down. On top of that, their prices are very competitive (or better) than the other parts houses.

I've also bought from Mustangs Unlimited, Mustangs Plus, Dallas Mustang and CJ Pony Parts. No major complaints...but not as good as NPD.

Phil

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I have had nothing but greatness from NPD. No problems from Mustang Depot, but they lean more towards Restomod supplies and can be backordered sometimes. Stay away from The Paddock, there prices are great and so is there costomer service (my expereinces, some people have had crapy service) but the quality of parts (especially sheet metal) is a crap shoot sometimes it's goos but sometimes its horible. They always seem to have the the parts you need out of stock, and back order will range from two weeks to months .Just don't try to find out yourself. California Mustang has also been very good to me.

NPD +++
Mustang Depot ++
California Mustang ++
The Paddock ---

though those are only MY opinions and experiences.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just had a horrible experience with Mustangs Unlimited. After receiving a very large order I discovered that half of the items were not in the boxes even though the invoice said they had been shipped. I spent over an hour on the phone with them trying to resolve the situation. All said and done it took me 22 days to get all of my parts. I would go with NPD if I was you.

·
Registered
253 Posts
NPD is my choice.. usually the best prices and I have my parts in 2 - 3 days...

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I'm surprised that no one mentioned Virginia Mustang. I've been very pleased with their parts and service.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
What has happened to California Mustang? I don't even get a catalog from them anymore. They used to have people that really knew the cars and their products.

I am not certain that Good, Reliable and Cheap go together; especially if you expect competent service also. Some people buy the "cheap" stuff and then complain about the quality and service.

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
I second your vote for VA Mustangs. They usually have very good prices and good quality.

Also, you can not go wrong with NPD. Best customer service of them all!

Dave

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am not certain that Good, Reliable and Cheap go together
In my service industry job, I used to say "Good, fast, and cheap... pick any two."

·
Registered
108 Posts
I like Mustang Unlimited and NPD. I would only suggest that you don't use the Paddock. I live in Indiana only 45 minutes from the Paddock and don't use them. Everytime I tried in the past, half of my items were on back order and the ones they had in stock the quality was not what I would expect. I returned many items to the Paddock due to they did not fit or the quality was not good. This occured multiple times over the past several years. They refuse to tell you who makes the part you are ordering and the staff knows nothing about Mustangs. They sell the lowest quality products on the market. I even ordered parts from Mustang Unlimited on the east coast and the Paddock on the same day and got the parts from Mustangs Unlimited several days before I recevied them from the Paddock that is only 45 minutes away!

·
Registered
272 Posts
VA Mustang is pretty good, but their prices tend to be a tad higher for comparable parts. I've asked them about this and was told that they process ~100 orders a day and aren't trying to have the best prices. The key is to use a reliable supplier that's close enough to reduce shipping, but in another state so that sales tax is not charged.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts