Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our project has stalled over the last couple years, but I need to get it back on track. Main issue is after replacing the power steering components, were still having issues. Every component was replaced and the system has been run a few times turning stop to stop 20-30 times in order to try to get any air out of the system etc. But it's still not functioning properly. Cuts in and out, jerks one way or the other at times. Not stable enough to get the alignment done. (Ultimately would love to change to R&P at some point)

Anyway, due to time and scheduling of other major projects, I'm hoping to get some good suggestions for some place I might be able to take it to have them go through it and get it sorted out, maybe do some fine tuning to get her back on the streets.

I'm doing a motor swap in another car in the next couple weeks and would like to get the 66 Mustang in some place about the same time.

Were between Seattle and Tacoma in Federal Way, so some place on the South end would be preferable.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks - Brett!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, only got about a block as it would suddenly catch and pull one way or the other. Alignment is close as everything was measured and marked before disassemble, but yeah, not working well enough to drive. If I need to I'll just wait until I do have the time to get to it... (a few months away) but would like to get it sorted out sooner than later...

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Sounds like issues with the control valve. Pretty easy to rebuild but if you don't want to tackle it, send it to Chock and he'll make it right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope to dig into it all again in the next few months. Didn't work out as planned on shuffling cars to get a little done on each... so this will be once again on the back burner for a few months...

Thanks for the input!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts