Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to order the lower side stripe decal for Trouble and am pondering what wording to use. I'm getting a GT350H decal in Hertz Gold but want to replace the "GT350H" with something else. I absolutely do not want "GT" anywhere on the car. Right from the beginning of designing the car, Chuck and I had thought about using LS390 as the designation.

The two ideas I'm kicking around right now are "L.S. 390" or "LS390T"...I like the second version better, which incorporates my initials, the engine size, and "T" for Trouble. What do you think?

I'd also welcome any other suggestions from all the creative minds here. ;)

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Laurie, I love your idea.

Our 68 is CRISIS. Originally our plan was KRISIS if we ever had a GT500KR. Following the theme begun with KAOS our K-code vert. But this Fake Snake with a 351C has entered our lives - from Tucson even.
The side stripes on it will be in reflective white tape.
GT351CR. We are using GT and the Cobra emblems but removing any reference to Shelby.

I approve of your plan and can't think of anything better.

J.

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
I like the "LS390" better...the "LS390T" is a bit much IMHO...sorta alphabet soup.

What about "390LS"? Maybe it's just the S and 3 next to each other that are making it tough for me.

Ever think of custom sill plate labels that say "Trouble"? ::

·
Registered
391 Posts
Laurie,

I think you are on to something good with the LS390T. I thought about rearranging a little like L390ST or LST390 or 390LST, but your idea fits the pattern proven in the past with designations such as GT350H, GT500KR, etc.

I've been out for a week and would like to know if the doctor has released you to go full throttle yet.

-BS

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! As of tomorrow, I have no restrictions other than whatever little bit of common sense that I may have. Uh oh, I'm in trouble. ;)

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
How about LT390S - Laurie's Trouble 390 Special

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
T 390 S

Remember the "World According to Garp" He had no real name, what ever the circumstance he would make up a new meaning for the letters "T. S." Terribly Shy, Tremedously Superior, The list goes on. Make it an inside joke and keep em guessing!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I also like the idea of just putting "Trouble" instead of anything else. But, if I had to go with one of the two, I'd go with "L.S. 390"

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
TROUBLE TROUBLE He's our man, If he can't break it, noone can!
It's a no brainer, get custom text to spell out TROUBLE...

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh, decisions, decisions! I'm beginning to like the idea of "TROUBLE" on the side. I'm not familiar with "LS" and GM, as I don't pay much attention to those products from the dark side. May have to flip a coin on this one.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Another vote for "TROUBLE" :: ::

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
How about LSTR 6.5? You get your initials, TR for Trouble, and the engine size in a format that's going to require some thought.

An alternative would be 6.5LTR.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts