Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my car came back from the mechanics today(very glad as i have an insane amount of work to do in the next week and a half before i go back to school). My mechanic balanced my driveshaft. Its been driving me nuts for quite a while so very happy to have a smooth ride once again. He also went ahead and installed my new edelbrok 600cfm carb and manifold while he was at it. All i can say is WOW! All ive ever had on my 289 is the little 2 barrel my dad and i found in an old parts store to put on the car my sophomore year of highschool. When I got in the car today and pressed down on the accelerator slightly I wasnt sure what to expect. What i got was some severe whiplash(i think i may need a stiffer spring running to the carb). Anyway, i love the setup and its nice to get that old heavy castiron manifold off. Now im thinking about what to replace the current airfilter with. Ive got plenty of clearence so size isnt an issue. Money is however as 1) im in college and 2) ive already invested in the 5 other projects i ahve to get done in the next week. I was wondering if anyone had a good suggestion as to what a good, fairly inexpensive air cleaner would be(brand preference, particular model, whatever. Tomorow i finish stripping all the metal molding off the car, take off hte bumbers, and start sandblasting all the rusted places i sanded and scraped out today. Its a big job but im the only one willing to do it for free :p.

K

·
0 Posts
If you want cheap just go to your local auto parts store and buy a air cleaner box,lid and paper filter.

Or spend some bucks and get a chome lid and a K&N filter, total cost maybe $50+

1 - 2 of 2 Posts