Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys and Girls,

I'm thinking about ordering the Summit cam as follows for $73.95 including lifters.
.471 inch lift Intake and exhaust
218 duration intake
228 duration exhaust
I think those are the specs, It sounds right.
Has any used this cam or have any thoughts about running it in a basically stock 289. I will be running a 600 four barrel holley on Edelbrock performer intake with dual exhaust. Everything else is stock including the rear.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I have the cam. Its made by Crane, Crane is stamped in the side.
Our engines is slightly modified. We have the Summit cam, hardened pushrods, Crane roller tip rockers, Powerheads (screwed in studs, guides, better springs and larger valves),
Holley 1850 600cfm carb, edelbrock performer 289 intake.
So the cam will work for you without any problems. The specs on the cam were recomended by Camachinist, Actually something close to that. The quality and price were great.
Dave

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey DMORRISON,

What's your idle like, fairly smooth!? I will be using for the street mostly and will need mostly bottom to mid power as that is where I spend the most of my time. Good to hear it's a brand name thou. Thanks.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Idle is nice. A little rumble and a good sound. the car has great responce even with a 2.80 rear and the T-5. We need 3.25 gears to make it better. I want the T-5 to be usefull in all gears, so were looking to change the rear. Right now we have to be doing 75 to use 5th and then the drive train will shake if you add to much gas. Of course is OK at 90, but my son has never had the car up to 90, at least that I know of *G*
Dave

PS a lot of the rumble is the exhaust and the Powerheads, They increase airflow another 50% over stock heads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts