Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want it all: huge selection, great prices, best quality and stellar tech support. I'm not looking to build a hardcore race engine here, just a warmed over 302 putting out 300+ reliable horsepower without bankrupting me. So who do you folks recommend for engine parts? Any others besides the above big 3? Thanks

·
Registered
680 Posts
When I rebuilt the 460, I got the rebuild kit from Summit...Just stock stuff. Bearings, rings, gaskets, and that type of stuff. I had no problems, and shipping was quick...I have also ordered from Jeg's for small stuff, and have been pleased with them...
Good luck with the engine. Lots of pictures...you know how we love pictures

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Personally I prefer Jeg's. Seems like their Tech people know a littler more than Summit.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
most helpful to least: jegs summit paw

cheapest to most expensive; jegs summit paw

I think jegs is best

PAW has the widest variety of driveline parts though

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
im ordering the rebuild kit from summit.PAW has a catolog like a phonebook an how.jegs people can anser a few questions but they seemed lazy like telling me what i want to hear(yah it will fit any sb ford blah blah blah)even though oil pans for fox body and classic mustangs are different but i get most parts from jegs online never had a problems with any of these mail-orders with parts(everything comes in good condition).I'll start babbling about the oil pump that i got from jegs and came in a beat the hell up box

·
Registered
522 Posts
I ordered most of my parts from JEG's and was please with their service and shipping times. The online catalog at JEGs is a very convenient way to do your shopping if you know what you want. As far as the going bankrupt part, good luck on that one, as something always seems to come up....

Dave

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I agree with sharkmouth on the rankings, but recently PAW was the only one of the three who came up with an alternative when I tried to order an Edelbrock cam kit a couple of months ago. Edelbrock cam kits were on a 150+ day backorder. PAW put together a Ford Motorsports cam and house lifters, and it ended up being cheaper than what anyone else could come up with (you also have to remember that they have free shipping).
I have goteen some better deals from them sometimes because of the free shipping, but you need to check around on prices.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I agree with sharkmouth on the rankings, but recently PAW was the only one of the three who came up with an alternative when I tried to order an Edelbrock cam kit a couple of months ago. Edelbrock cam kits were on a 150+ day backorder. PAW put together a Ford Motorsports cam and house lifters, and it ended up being cheaper than what anyone else could come up with (you also have to remember that they have free shipping).
I have gotten some better deals from them sometimes because of the free shipping, but you need to check around on prices.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Not saying PAW is the best, but they always seem to have what I need in stock and ship very quickly. Summit is good, but seems to always be backordered!

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
I always find the best one is the one with the idenically cheaper part. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Mostly, it's Jegs. I've even returned things to Jegs without hassle. Only problem with Jegs is the box my Headers came in.... however that may be a UPS problem.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Jegs. They have always had what Ive ordered, been helpful with information on the product, and their prices are "right".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts