Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a very nice pair of tan sun visors that I bought sight-unseen because they have very nice original chrome brackets and were advertised as being 69-70 Mustang visors. Well, they're not. The triangular part of the bracket is quite a bit smaller than the one used on my '70 Mustang. I'd like to figure out what these are so I can advertise them appropriately.

The base of each arms is marked C9AB 6204122A, which doesn't exist in my cross-reference book. Knowing that they're not '70 Mustang brackets, though, I took a look at the '75 MPC and I think I have a candidate: C9AZ-6204144-A, which is the bracket used on 1969 Galaxie, Torino, and Fairlane closed cars, 1971 Mustang coupes and fastbacks, 1970 Mavericks, 1972 Thunderbirds, and 1969 - 1970 Falcons. Along the sides of the triangle the screw holes are about 1 1/8" apart, about 1 5/16" along the base. Does this sound like the right application? Can someone with a '71 compare these measurements to the sun visor brackets on their car?

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I ran into literally the same problem you did, except the ones I bought where black. Got to love those e-bay specials. I originally thought that they were a 69 Torino part, but I never confirmed it for sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts