Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sun visors on our 68 convertible are getting pretty bad about "falling down" and I would like to either fixx them or replace them. The texture on the ones we have is what I am guessing is referred to as "moon crater", but all of the replacements that I have seen for 68s are not. Do they not make this texture anymore, or are the visors I have incorrect for 68?

Is there a good way to "tighten them up? I have tried tape conspicously hidden around the post, but when the sun is out, the glue melts and I think actually lubricates the visor, they are even worse.

Any and all help appreciated.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I think you have the wrong visors. The coupe/fastback ones have the moonskin covers like the headliner. The convertible ones I think are smooth. The visor rods are supposed to be a press fit in the visors. If you want to keep your current ones you could try taking out the rods and squeezing the visors in a vise to slightly crimp the sleeves that the rods go into.

Frank

·
Registered
35,891 Posts
Quite right. Coupes and fastbacks had 'moonskin' to match the headliner. Convertibles were grained to match the seats. You'll also see, when you get the new ones, that convertible visors are a different shape.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts