Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the stang out on Sun for a long cruise, it was a blast. Unfortunately, i had two problems...
1. This has happened once before. I was coming home at night and after about 30min of driving my headlights started flickering on and off. My car is a 68 FB GT and the fog lights stayed on without problem. Also, noticed dash lights were flickering. Do you think this is the switch?

2. I can hear a hissing sound from my brakes that goes away when i step on them. THis is probable a vacuum leak from the diaghram in the power booster...right? If so is this an easy fix? Can I just by a new seal? Help..
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
For your trouble with the lights, I'd try a new dimmer switch. I had this problem on my 77 Ford truck and the new dimmer switch took care of it.

John Thomas

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
after about 30min of driving my headlights started flickering on and off.
Do you have newer halogen sealed beams?
If so, they pull more amps than the bulbs that came in your car. The on and off was the circuit breaker inside the headlight switch.

I suggest a headlight relay for the newer halogen bulbs.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you say dimmer switch, do you mean the switch for the headlights (dims the dash lights),or the floor switch to activate the brights?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts