Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Peace and prayer for your recovery Wayne. You sound jacked... and that's a good thing. The spirit is in charge of the battle now. We're here to help you along.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Update: I'm healing much better and quicker than I thought I could. My pain is minimal, only where the rib was removed. I walked 2 miles yesterday with ease. I'm still on a 5lb lift restriction and of course, no driving. Thanks again for all the prayers, they work!...............PS..........Go get a physical :)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Wow, that's crazy that it was that big. I assume it had been there growing for several years? At what point did you notice it and decide to have it checked out?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Wow, that's crazy that it was that big. I assume it had been there growing for several years? At what point did you notice it and decide to have it checked out?
I never noticed it. I had a severe allergy attack from pollen. I developed a fever and went to a Doc in a Box to make sure I wasn't coming down with the flu. They listened to my chest and didn't hear any lung function on my left side. This lead to a chest x-ray that showed my left lung was collapsed from a growth. From there further ct scans and a needle biopsy determined how large it was and that it was benign. I has surgery 14 days after discovering it.

Go get a physical!!!

·
Registered
923 Posts
I never noticed it. I had a severe allergy attack from pollen. I developed a fever and went to a Doc in a Box to make sure I wasn't coming down with the flu. They listened to my chest and didn't hear any lung function on my left side. This lead to a chest x-ray that showed my left lung was collapsed from a growth. From there further ct scans and a needle biopsy determined how large it was and that it was benign. I has surgery 14 days after discovering it.

Go get a physical!!!
Wow, that’s amazing that it could get that big and you never felt it. I bet you’re going to feel a lot better with 2 lungs working!

41 - 47 of 47 Posts