Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I juse a butane torch, keeps the eyes away from the fire works like when you try to use a "punk" to light wicks.

Gasoline poured over a row of bottle rockets lined up along a street also works pretty good.

Tom

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Usually use a "Punk" - you know, one of those 16 year old kids, my wife's cousin's child by marriage, with bad attitude, spikey hair, tattoos, peircings, and a Civic with lots of stickers and a buzzy exhaust...../forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Happy Fourth ! Dickson

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Thats funny Dickson. "ROTF"
I use a lighter or a punk

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
How do you light your fireworks?

Acetylene torch? *G*

Actually, when you have acetylene, oxygen, helium and some Hefty garbage bags and a few lengths of fuse, you don't need fireworks...

Oh, and then there's the acetylene/oxygen powered mortar (hydraulic cylinder with nylon projectiles)....

hehehe...

Having a shop has its benefits...

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Our county banned fireworks in most areas because of the severe drought. I just read in the paper that it is illegal to POSSESS fireworks in the city limits. If we get caught....$750 fine. hmmmmm. We are going to a farmer's house tonight and launch ours out there. According to the fireworks ban, you can still fire them outside the city limits in irrigated farm fields. (We have to irrigate our crops in WY.) So coppers, get out your ticket books, we are blasting anyway. We will use punks and cigerette lighters. The farmer has a huge spot all watered down to minimize fire danger. Happy 4th

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
NAPALM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sticks to little kids!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I usually get the stuff you shoot out of a 2" or larger PVC pipe - we are now hi-tec and use an electronic ignitor much like you use to start model rockets.
After being a Field Artilleryman for almost 20 years, I have to get a big bang to have fun.

G

·
0 Posts
that is really stupid for even mentioning that sort of thing. who in here right mind would even think about doing something stupid like that on here . i thought this was for mustang parts and cars for sale

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Who said you had to read this post? You can clearly see that is is off topic. This forum is for mustangs and parts, but we also use it to communicate. That is what makes this forum different then any other. So please, don't fame somebody you don't even know.

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Besides, this being your first post in the real forum, your not looking to make any friends, are you?

G

·
0 Posts
How do you light your fireworks?
Uhhhh.....Carefully? (LOL)

Seems they'll let anyone join our little community.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I subcribe to a poetry site. This is the poem of the day:

Our Summer Celebration
by Tomi Fratto

This Independence Day will be different
We Americans finally get it!
Freedom is not just a word on a page
Quickly read and dismissed without merit.

One year ago we had no conception
Of the true gist of the Fourth of July.
We now know the rights we took for granted
Could disappear in the blink of an eye.

As the parade passes by you this year,
Raise a salute to the stars and the stripes.
Tears may well up as you thank the heroes
Who protect our liberty with their lives.

Celebrate the Fourth with renewed passion
Watch fireworks explode and then fade away.
Let out a cheer as the grand finale
Lights up the sky on our nation’s birthday.

The eyes of our country are wide open
We understand living free every day.
With grateful hearts our nation pays homage
“GOD BLESS THE U.S.A!”

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
i use lighters, punks suck... but lighters tend to get you close to the fuse so of course your thumb gets pretty raw after a couple hours

·
Registered
916 Posts
Well once they have been altered to do things they weren't meant to do (usually involves a large explosion) I usually light them with a match and run like mad /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Administrator
19,497 Posts
In Arizona, we use National Forests. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

1 - 20 of 22 Posts