Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you looked under a 60's Mustang (in the 60s) that was on the dealer's lot for a couple months , what would the tie rod adjustment sleeves be? (color and finish)

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Probably nice and rusty.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I think phosphate/oil ( original,not the painted ones!) held up OK until somebody needed to heat them to adjust.About like the lower control arm/camber adjusting parts.

·
Administrator
19,530 Posts
Not if the lot were in Arizona. ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Laurie, you could be right, but I'd have to say that during transporting of those cars, you wouldn't have the Arizona weather. Go to your nearest new car lot and look at the suspensions on those cars. Especially the brake rotors. NIce question though..

Mark Vasquez

·
Administrator
19,530 Posts
True, if the cars were coming from Dearborn or New Jersey. But, it's a short trip from San Jose and good weather most of the time. I would think that most of the Mustangs sold out of the Phoenix DSO came from San Jose, once they started building them there. At least my fastback was. :)

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Since the cars were not exposed to road grime, road rash or driven very little if any would really not expect to see much rust. Exhaust manifold possibly but not treated parts.

Of course someone could try and make a case for the small areas where finishes could have been marred by wrenches but those sort slippery slop

1 - 9 of 9 Posts