Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Titusville from where I live to the south in Cocoa to my mother in laws home ... to avoid my stick house .
Looks like we made it though here . One last small squall line and it's done here .
Im driving home in 30 minutes or so to see if everything is ok.
Lots of exploding transformers here , lots of sparks from tree-to-powerline contact . Trees down , etc. Watched the neighbors house loose it's shingles during what Id guess was a 60-70 MPH gust . Mother in law lost some facia off the side of the house , dunno about the roof so far .
Hope everyone else made it through with little damage , no injuries and safe Mustangs !

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Glad to hear everything appears ok so far,Chris.My Sister who lives in Naples called me last night to inform me she was heading out of the path of the storm also, and called again tonight, and let me know everything is pretty good in her "neck of the woods". She said it didnt get quite as intense as first predicted.I hope when you get home, that you find out all is well also.My sister said that she isnt too sure about the trade off yet...here in Ohio we have cold winters and tornados in the spring, down there its the hurricanes and hot weather...somehow I dont think she misses the snow :p

Good luck Chris..glad to hear everyone is safe.

Joe

·
Registered
221 Posts
Glad things seems to be OK for you. Stay safe!

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Glad it all worked out and your safe.. I watched the news ..pretty scarry stuff..

·
Registered
124 Posts
My mom lives in Cape Coral and my sister was vacationing on Marco Island. Sister was told to evacuate and she went to stay w/ my mom. They went down the street several houses away to my aunt & uncles to ride out the storm. The winds tore up the roof screens on my uncle's launi. Only damage to my mom's place were downed branches and a roof guttter. Only other problem was when they went to my aunt's, they left the house keys behind and brought the garage opener. When they returned they couldn't get back in due to no power. My sister had to squeeze through a previous screen tear(from the cats) to get in and open the back door. Feel very relieved they're OK

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Until I was about 15, my grandparents lived on a spit of an island below Port Charlotte called Boca Grande. They were right on the 8 foot eastern seawall. After my grandparents died, my family sold the house. With a 15 foot storm surge, and that storm's 145 mph eye going right over that area, I assume that house is no longer there this morning. :(

Hurricanes are really scary stuff.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went home , back at MIL's now . We have no power at my house . Im in Titusville and 90% of Titusville is without power . Lucky enough the MIL's house still has hers .
My house is fine , no damage and the car received no damage either . My sheds doors caved in but a few minutes of fighting them with a hammer and they will be fine .
Ive been seeing reports out of Punta Gorda that the medical examiner ordered 60 body bags and there was a retirment community wiped out with many deaths in Port Charlette (spelling?) .
Seen alot of pics of damage , Titusville has alot of power lines down on the roads , and BIG trees knocked down . Went to Lowes to price a generator and they have 1 model they got a truckload shipment in of and it's $700 so I figure the food in my freezer at home aint worth $700 :)
A Gheenoe (the Gheenoe original) Plant lost it's roof beside lowes . A tire store in Titusville had it's tar roof hanging over the side of the building when I drove by . Im hoping the VMF members from Orlando are doing OK . I guess Orlando got hit pretty hard and they have alot of power outages .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts