Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Suspension advice owners with GRAB A TRAX 4.5 mid eye leafs

1K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Guidos65FastBack 
#1 ·
So I purchased this kit. Going to be installing it this week. My question with this kit. How much did it lower your car. Just wondering I have a 1 inch lowering blocks already. Should leave the blocks in Will it slam it too much in rear? or look ok Anyone run into this. What was out come. I am running bilstein shocks. The shackles are included with this new kit along with new hardware
And U bolts. Any pics will be helpful

#3 ·
You are best off installing them without the lowering blocks, then driving and letting it settle before you decide if you still need the blocks....it would actually give you the chance to exactly tailor the height by cutting down the blocks if needed.

#9 ·
When I installed the 4.5 mid eye leaf springs they lowered my 69 Coupe about 1" & I have not driven it yet.
With old rear leaf springs,

With new 4.5 mid eye rear leaf springs,

#11 ·
I think this depends a bit on the rear tire which is being used. This is my '67 with 245 45 17s on the back with the 4.5 mid eye leaf. I actually installed a slightly longer shackle (6" vs 5") to raise the back up. I still have problem with the back tire rubbing (17x8 w/4.5" backspace).

The best idea would be to just install the leaf springs and then add the lowering blocks after letting everything settle.

#12 ·
I think this depends a bit on the rear tire which is being used. This is my '67 with 245 45 17s on the back with the 4.5 mid eye leaf. I actually installed a slightly longer shackle (6" vs 5") to raise the back up. I still have problem with the back tire rubbing (17x8 w/4.5" backspace).

The best idea would be to just install the leaf springs and then add the lowering blocks after letting everything settle.

View attachment 739118

For a second there I thought that was my car! Haha [emoji23]

You have a nice looking car, by the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Chris amazing looking ride you have also. Everyone talks about settling It’s gonna settle With or without block agree? I am just going to install leafs with the block. What’s it gonna hurt and who knows how long it takes to settle?. I drive my car every 2 weeks about 10-15. I have a special needs 4 yr old daughter and 2 little girls under 2. I barely have time to wipe my ?. That’s why my time is precious. I don’t feel like doing the job twice. Hopefully in next 2 weeks I can install them. Like yesterday took it down to our local beach. Before that it was weeks driving it. Thanks for input gentlemen

Attachments

#14 ·
Chris amazing looking ride you have also. Everyone talks about settling It’s gonna settle With or without block agree? I am just going to install leafs with the block. What’s it gonna hurt and who knows how long it takes to settle[emoji1787]. I drive my car every 2 weeks about 10-15. I have a special needs 4 yr old daughter and 2 little girls under 2. I barely have time to wipe my [emoji12]. That’s why my time is precious. I don’t feel like doing the job twice. Hopefully in next 2 weeks I can install them. Like yesterday took it down to our local beach. Before that it was weeks driving it. Thanks for input gentlemen
Thanks man.

And you’re right, it will settle all the same. It’ll be fine with the block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 ·
I installed some G a T rear leaf springs on my 70. Unfortunately I didn’t notice it right away but I think they sent me the wrong springs. My rear tire is way too close to the front of my wheel opening. Changing springs as soon as I can afford them. Going with either SoT or Global West.

LJ

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.