Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 70 cougar eliminator that needs new sway bar and control arm bushings. It's a street car and I'm thinking about installing poly or midolyne instead of stock rubber. Has anyone swapped these for the rubber and what were the results? I've heard the poly squeeks and is very harsh but the midolyn doesn't squeek and is better than rubber but not as bad as poly. Any input? Thanks.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I've heard others say the poly squeeks, it's stiff, it breaks strut rods, etc., etc.

Every bushing in my front end is poly, except for the spring saddle bushings. I don't notice any squeeks, I want it stiff, and I haven't broken anything in the 3-4 years I've had this car on the road as my daily driver ... and let's just say the only "pampering" it gets is in the garage.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
I agree with JohnPro. I put PST-brand polygraphite bushings everywhere on my car except for the strut rods, which are total control and do not require bushings. I have a 1 1/8th inch front sway bar and 3/4 inch rear sway bar. All endlinks are polygraphite, not rubber.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I'm finishing up the front suspension work on the stang. The bushings are all midolyne. Won't have a chance to drive it for a couple years though. If you use either poly or midolyne, I think you would be ok.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts