Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, if you read my earlier posts you know I'm workin on my suspension rebuild. I assumed the original Ford Shop Manual would have the torque specs but the stupid thing says "torque to proper specifications" and doesn't tell me the torque spec!!! Stupid book... anyway, if you havent figured it out by now, I have my front suspension in pieces and have no idea of the torque specs. Anyone know what the specs are for the items that need to be torqued or where I can find these specs? Thanks.

~Chris
San Antonio, Tx
66 coupe 289
70 fastback done by may/graduation...hopefully

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello -

Torque specs are listed at the end of each chapter. So, for example, if the suspension is described in Chapter 3, look on the very last few pages and you'll find them.

Cecil Bozarth

1966 GT Coupe (Tahoe Turquoise with black pony interior)

1994 GT Convertible

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, I feel REALLY dumb now after just cussing out my shop manual lol Serves me right I guess. That'll teach me to talk bad to my shop manual. Thanks, I think I will look a little harder next time before I post hehe

~Chris
San Antonio, Tx
66 coupe 289
70 fastback done by may/graduation...hopefully

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chris:

I was reading your earlier posts and saw the comment on torque after the car is lowered? Did you find any other info about that? I am getting ready to re-install mine also?

Thanks

Jimbo65

Atlanta, GA
65 I6 200 Coupe (Daily Driver)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts