Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!! My car is almost converted over to the V8 equipment, except the front end, Bought a rebuild kit forgot to mention the car was a 6cyl so the front end is about to be converted over to. Everything worked well til I got to the tie rod ends, way bigger, longer, I was curious on what I need to finish the change over to the bigger V8 stuff. The kit contained tie rod ends and the sleves upper and lower A arms, sway bar busings, I have already changed spindles for the biger brakes and 5 lug. My car is a 64 1/2 with manual steering 302 and C4 automatic with headers, many bolt ons. Thanks for replies, sorry for it being long:(

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Did you change all of the steering components? I believe they are different.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
You will need a drag link, pitman arm, idler arm and bracket for a V8. I can get you a good used drag link, pitman arm and idler arm braket if you are interested. email me a [email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies! I will check out my friends parts car to see it it has the drag link, pitman arm, idler arm bracket. Now I face a bigger question for all of the experts here. My 302 was rebuilt by my dad and I ran for a couple weeks to school and back, Broke rocker arm stud at idle on the 289 heads I had on it. So I put the 302 heads back on it along with Edelbrok roller cam #3722. The performance guy that sold it to me said I didnt need to change my torque converter,duration is .004 is 282, .050 is 220. Before I started the suspension rebuild I had to n. drop the car from 1200 or so, to keep it running in gear. The trans is a C4 with shift kit B&M. It never done this before the head and cam change, What would you do, buy new torque con. Put a standard trany in it, assume something gave up in the trany. Any sugs.will be helpfull
thanks.
Kevin
>64 1/2 Pearl Orange Coupe>302 C4 B&M shift kit star shifter>True Dual 3" Flowmaster>Headman Headers
>Edlebrock Performer intake, roller cam>Holley 600 e/choke
>TOO bad its still slow:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts