Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been researching different types of suspension upgrades and thus far have decided i would like to spend the extra money and hook up some coilovers for the front. my question is if anyone has any experience with different types. TCP makes a fairly simple setup that even has the option of using all factory holes to bolt on, global west has a similar one. there is a company called heidts that has a mustang II conversion that requires removal of the shock towers seen here http://www.autoworksracing.com/mustang_2_in_your_front_end_65-70.htm
both types look like quality and if anyone knows about any serious defects with either type or brand or just any info at all let me know. if it makes any difference i will be replacing the shock towers either way.

·
Registered
8,677 Posts
Welcome to the VMF. Gonna get confusing with a johnnyp and a johnnyk :lol:

What kind of car are you working on? This will help a bit on us giving advice. You might add info in a signature to prevent you from having to type it constantly.

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
JMO

Welcome to the VMF!

I suggest you look into opentracker's products (http://www.opentrackerracingproducts.com) the roller bearing stuff is very nice.

But if you are determined to go coil over I would lean towards Global West. They have very high quality and have been in business a long time.

John Harvey

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx for the welcome, i actually visited a lot b4 i became a member. and thats a good point its a '69 fastback original 351w being bored .30 over stock and after that that i will be building the entire motor with everything brand new, haven't decided yet but ive been throwin around the idea of a supercharger and all that power is part of why i decided to go with the enhanced suspension. im also planning on going with a bolt on four link set up for the rear with a torque arm and coilovers of course. o shoot i forgot to mention the RRS McPherson strut style front they looked pretty good but i dunno any info on those would be cool too thanx

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I built my own front coil over set up. Kind of a copy off TCP. Really turned out great and I like the way the front reacts. I to have been looking into rear coils. I have it narrowed down to 3 different set up. The TCP G-Bar,Highland Daytona Racing Max G or the Evolution Motorsports Tri-Link.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts