Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I vote with it being legit, I buy and sell often on craigslist and totally understand the response. After every kind of response you can imagine I'm sure the guy just wants to cut to the chase and sell his keyboard. I can't tell you how many times I have had a marathon text session with someone wanting to know all about a car I'm selling, just to hear at the end if I'm interested in a 3 tone lowered Civic with 27" woofers,14" wide wheels and beer keg exhaust tip. I have met some great people doing transactions and if I have any concerns I usually try to talk on the phone as you can get a pretty good feel for someone that way. Talk to him, he is probably a nice guy.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I like suggestion of any local law enforcement. In past buyer asked if for sale, kinda figured it was a scam...I threw in a couple of extra zeros to make it 6 figures for price, they still wanted to buy it.

Sometimes I’ll go to my browser and enter Craigslist and item I’m looking at and see if it shows up in other locations and especially check if Name/number/sob story carries over.

Good luck, hopefully it isn’t a scam.
If you live in an area with a large diversity of cultures from all over, trust your Spidey senses. 😁

·
Registered
128 Posts
Could also ask to have them call you. If it’s a scam, they’ll start coming up with excuses like my sister’s mother’s brother just died and they’re not in town.
If in doubt, Charlie out.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts