Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent the block to my machinest and we sonic checked the bores {he was curious about the A351} and after checking he said the block would go over .100 easily. The motorsport webpage said only .030. Anyone else have this kind of block???? thanks, Mike

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I bet he is saying this,because they are going for cubic inches.Just a guess.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reason for the post was to shed some light on the overbore capablilities of the SVO block since the Ford catalog stated .030.
As for the boat anchor, since you dont know, you can buy custom pistons for just about any size bore. The reason for the sonic check was that I was about to order a stroker kit and didnt want to bore the block at all since it only had 3k miles on it to start with, and before you start on that one, it was a Ford crate motor so I didnt have any hand on the assembly of the motor. I didnt want to bore it if the overbore {again stated in the Ford catalog at .030} was only .030.
Lastly, whats wrong with cid???????? Sorry I wasnt that clear to start with....Mike U.

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
I don't have an A351 block, but alot of the Merlin and Dart 302/351w blocks state that you can overbore them quite a bit (.25 comes to mind). Check Summit catalog for the exact figures. True they are not the same blocks, but the aftermarket blocks tend to have thicker cylinder walls on them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts