Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Swap '67 3-spd for '68?

417 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  thedevilbunny 
#1 ·
Just wondering if the 3-spd manuals from '67 to '68 would swap directly between cars. I would think they would, but I wanted to make sure.

I ran in the PO's of my car at a Ford show this weekend (where there was only one '67 and it was pretty much the same condition as mine, and being sold by the people I bought mine from (their son's car)). If I'd had any idea that would happen I would have stuck mine in just for kicks. Anyway, seeing as I've had lots of time to get over all the stuff I had to fix last summer (not that I'm not still finding stuff..) I was able to speak with them quite civily, and I do have to confess that the woman who drove my car is really quite likeable. Anyway, her husband mentioned that they'd let me have a trans. for 25 bucks, and then I could rebuild one w/o taking my car out of commission to do it. So, will it fit?

Oh, and I saw my first live Shelby--'68 GT-500KR, bright blue. Guy said he actually drives it around a bit which I thought was kinda cool. Saw some nice Mach's too--really made me want a '69-'70 sportsroof. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.