Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the front disk brakes assembly dircetly swap onto a 66 V8?? Have the proportioning valve from the 72 and the complete assemblies including the calipers and spindles/bearings. Taken off front end wrecked 72 V8. 66 has standard drums.
thanks

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Do you have power steering? with Manual steering I am sure it is a direct swap in like Tom tells you. on Power Steering I think you either need that sleeve or a custom outer tie rod end on the Left (or drivers side). Right!? Tony

·
Registered
279 Posts
I haven't completed my '70 disc conversion to my '65 (non-ps) yet, but, I was thinking that I bought inner tie rods for the '65, outer tie rods for the '70 and the sleeves for a '69. I am thinking that the '65 has small taper and small sleeve size(threads), the '70 has large taper and large sleeve size, and the '69 has a small thread sleeve for the inner tie rods and the larger thread size for the outer tie rod end. I am not at home so I can't be for sure, but, might give you a an idea what to look for if it doesn't bolt right up.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Sure will. My 66 has 72 disc brakes. As stated, you will need the 72 tie rod ends and distribution block. I used a 74 Mav MC (new) and the old 66 single pot MC rod.

Had to fab brake lines from the MC to the DB and from the stock front ends to the calipers. Added benefit of 72 (70+ really)brake stuff, besides disc brakes, is the bigger spindles. Racing guys love the bigger spindles. PM me back if you have any problems.

Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts