Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, if you had a complete car, for instance I have someone who will give me his early 70's ford wagon, could you take the disc break components off of it and put it on your mustang. What would stop you from just taking the whole break system off this car and putting it on your mustang. Also if the car that I took them off of was front disc rear drum how hard would it be for me to convert the rear to drum after I did this. I am just trying to find the cheapest way to convert to disc breaks. All around eventually but just front to start. I was hopning that in time I could also use more performance roters. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
the granada and monarch's used a setup that is a direct bolt on upgrade for the front brakes. Price varies widely from junk yard to junk yard. The station wagon will most likely not match the bolt holes up. Back brakes really do not benifit that much from a disc brake upgrade but they do look good. They sell brackets on to bolt up cadilac calipers to a ford rear end, i've also seen brackets to bolt up lincoln mark VII brakes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts