Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you know if you installed the sway bar upside down? i'm talking about the front.. i just purchased a 1 " and wasn't sure if it went a certain way.. so now.. when you look under the front of the car.. the curve part is kind of pointing down at about a 45 maybe less degree angle to the ground.. i really never noticed the position of my old one since it was so dirty and banged up i don't know what to do if its suppose to be like this or what. Pictures would help me a great deal on how it should be installed.. i would post a picture on how mine looks but i don't know how. who can help me ? thanks.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
You want the bar so that the holes for the end links is flat, aka, parallel to the ground. If you put it in wrong, the holes for the end links are at more of a 30 degree angle (to the ground). I think it would be pretty obvious.

If looking at it from the *drivers side*, toward the center of the car, then I think it would look like this:

__||__
|
-----------------o (<-- end link hole)

The | | is the bracket to the body that holds the sway bar.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Ouch, my "drawing" didn't come out. the second and third lines should be moved over to the right 5 spaces.

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
I don't think they will physically fit in upside down. I'm pretty sure they would hit the frame. When you look at the front of the car you can usually see the middle of the sway bar down below or close to the level of the valence.

John Harvey

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
That brings up another question, What will different length end links do? Any advantage/disadvantage to shorter or longer ones?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts