Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
19,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This afternoon, we reinstalled the newly cleaned and polished gas tank back in my coupe. First, we replaced the fuel filter, which literally fell apart in Chuck's hands as he tried to take it off. It was so dirty, it was dark brown. Then we installed a new gasket on the sender and attached it to the tank with a brand new ring. After putting the sealing tape in place, I dropped the tank in while Chuck guided it from down below. I also cleaned up the fuel filler neck and hardware and we got everything all back in place. Now, when you lie under the rear of the car, it looks brand new. I'm so proud of Murphy, he just shines! ::

I'll get some pics later this week and post them. There wasn't time today and it was hot working this afternoon I kept getting dizzy.

Now on to the engine--cleaning, detailing, and replacing the exhaust manifold bolts. Not too much more to do to be ready for the Grand National. Murphy is ready to kick up his heels and have some fun. ;)

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
I am SO glad I dont have a desire to go concours. I couldnt do it. I am too damn lazy. If I lay on my back uder a car, I will likely fall asleep.

·
Administrator
19,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, you're right, it's only fair. ::

·
Registered
566 Posts
So how is Chuck's car coming along?

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
In your last set of pictures, I noticed the single exhaust had an inline muffler. Didn't all 67/68 exhaust systems use a transverse muffler mounted behind the rearend?

·
Administrator
19,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We haven't started on it yet, other than to inspect it for problems, which are very few and very minor. We only have six jackstands between us, so Murphy has to come back down to earth before we lift the GT/CS to get under it to clean. That will happen tomorrow afternoon.

·
Administrator
19,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope, that's original configuration.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts