Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just purchased a 68 convertible-302-4 speed-nice,nice car--but I have a question--this car has a swing away steering column,aparently quite rare-I had never even heard of it--manual doesn't give much information either--it isn't working now and I think I would like to get it fixed--don't know what to do--any help?? George [email protected]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
maybe you need to replace the vacuum. (I think I spelled that right!)

Proud Owner of a 1969 Mach 1

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
theres a switch too you my need to check.... they can be kinda touchey......

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some of the Mustang Venders have a reprint of the Ford Diagnostic manual for the 67 to 69 Tilt away Steering. Having just installed one in my 68 Conv., I love it. So much easier to get in and out of the car, especially when your 6' 3" Chris

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you have an address or phone # for thae book you are talking about--sure would like to get one--did you purchase your unit new or used? are parts redily available? George

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The book is available from Tony Branda 1-800-458-3477. The Name is Repair and Diagnostic Manual for 67 to 69 Mustang Tilt-a-Way Column. It sells for $5.95. I've seen the same book go on Ebay for over $12.00, guess it takes all kinds. I bought my unit from a guy out West that was stripping a car. If you have any more questions, you can E-Mail me at [email protected]. Hope this helps.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I forgot to add that the only part still available is the door switch which you can get from Ford or some parts venders.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
will send for the manual--thanks all for your help George

1 - 9 of 9 Posts