Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so she gave me three options... A Porsche Boxter, a Jag XK8, or a Mercedes SL500. She has wore me down. After looking at no less than 200 cars and test driving over 30... I GIVE UP. I wanted her to select a slightly used Cady STS but nooooo. She did however say she would not be unhappy with a 2 year old car. Woooppiie

I swear a69fcode WILL be painted after this is done!!!

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Is she going to require one of those three cars still?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Well, obviously money in NO OBJECT!

After her car. I suggest you just plunk down the money to buy yourself a nice GT350 or GT500. At least yours would appreciate in value.

Bob

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YES - I truly screwed up big time!!! She saw this 02 Mustang GT vert, painted Mineral Metallic Grey. Wanted it. I said no way, thats the color I have choosen for a69fcode. OOps. I have found a 98 jag for 33K. It runs a 5.0. From what the dealer said it is a Ford power plant. However, I have zero experience with either the Mercedes or the Jag. I would not mind a late 80's early 90's Porsche C-4, but I think it is too much car for her. Oh well what goes around comes around.

BTW - Beware of the man who says "money is no object". Money is always an object.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
The Benz will make her look more classy and all her friends will want to ride in it - Go for Benz man!

G

·
0 Posts
I used to work for a dealer who sold Jags. Always in the shop.... and they don't have FORD power plants. The rich aunt has a Mercedes, and its a piece of junk. Always making some sort of noise or something is always not working. Rich uncle has a Porche, nice car, if only he'd take it out and drive it. 3 years old with less than 3/K miles on it. No problems though. Basically an over priced VW which is what they were based on upon creation. For a deterrant, I'd do research into user/owner reviews and see what actual owners are saying. Try EPinions.com. Also, get an insurance quote for each type of car, and show her those numbers.... Finally, take her to a Ford store and get her into a nice Cherry Red Cobra... /forums/images/icons/blush.gif)

·
Registered
289 Posts
I just bought my wife a Honda S2000. Cheaper, faster and more rare than a Boxter and maintenance cost is similar to an Accord. I really enjoy the car.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Sounds like you have a lot more disposable income than I do. It's great to be able to afford nice toys. The boxter is a very nice Miata. Not really fast but looks nice and handles well. Limited stowage space and no back seat. If she likes to shift gears, not a bad way to go. It does not have enough torque for the automatic trans. Do not know much about new Jags. Since Ford took over Jag one of the new models is a warmed over Torues (sp?). The SL 500 is classy. I think they only come with an Automatic. Since you’re in the high-end market, have you considered a BMW 5 series? The 540 is nice and the M5 is awesome. Plus you can get them with a 6 s/p trans.

·
Registered
391 Posts
A lady friend of mine had her C240 MB at the dealers two weeks ago. She looked at the new SL500; the new two seater (not the SLK) with aluminum top that folds into the trunk. There is a waiting list for the $149,000 car! I have seen two of them on the road (Newport Beach) and they do look very nice.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
You mean you could have had his 'n hers Mustangs and let that get away by refusing to share the color? Methinks you deserve what you are now getting! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

BTW, had you pointed out the his 'n hers option and made a big deal of it, you'd have gotten the Mustang vert and bonus points for including her and wanting to share your hobby. Women like that. They don't like the "no way, that's my color!" approach. They react by making you pay for a Mercedes, Jag, or Porsche.

K

·
0 Posts
An Jag XK8 is by no means a FORD. Nice car.
I know you said one of the Jag models is a variant on the Taurus but the XK8 is a class all by itself in my opinion.
We should have the same dilemma that this guy has/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts