Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife gets so mad at me sometimes. I get the FBD running good, then I have to play with it. I tinker with adjustments to get the most out of it. I try and explain to her what I am doing. All she thinks sometimes is, I'm messing it up. Now granted I do have a little history of messing things up on it but not to bad. So yes CUDA I am touching it again.
I am playing with the timmng, It will take as much advance as I can throw at it with no detination. But I notice it starts droping power on the high end. So I take the MSD Mechanical Distributer and put the largest Timing advance stop bushing in. 18 degrees. This cuts done on too much timming on the top. What a difference. I am running about 20 - 22 degree's initial. with the lightest springs in so I get the advace right away in the lower RPM range. big dif from the cam stop bushing that was in there.
I guess she has a hard time understanding that I really learn stuff the more I tinker. I tell her I always check where I am at so I can return the adjustments back were it was running good.
Most of the time SWMBO is VERY supportive of this hobby. But she wants me to leave it alone before I break something!!!!!!!
But dear I would never do that!!! :~)

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I can relate. My SWMBO realized long ago that the word "finished" really never applies to a restoration! She thought I was "finished" two years ago, but I'm still dinking with the 66 and spending money on it!

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
They just DO NOT understand, it is NEVER finished!!!. LOL /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Hehe... How long did we lean over that engine trying to figure out why it was stumbling at CF2 Tony? How many times did she tell us to leave it alone? How many times did we listen? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
645 Posts
My SWMBO can't say a damn thing since I maintain her car, too!

Although, it's funny, I just thought of how I will sometimes put stuff off until later... Like, for example, I put new rotors and pads on her Contour for her. I had to open up the bleeders to get the pistons back into their bores. I let air in, and they still needed to be bled, but we ran out of time (had company on their way).

After I drove it and was very pleased at the smoothness of the Napa brakes, and after I covered myself by saying, I still need to bleed the brakes, so the pedal will feel a little spongy, I asked her to test it.

She came back and didn't say anything.. I was like... well??? "It's okay" Me: "what do you mean it's okay, didn't you feel that the terrible vibration is completely gone. her: "ya, but the pedal is low and they squeak" me: "grrrrr #$#% &*%@, we haven't changed the rear shoes yet, cuz we ran out of time, thats where the squeaking is coming from, and the pedal is low because of what I already told you!!!!!"

you're right... sometimes they just don't understand! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts