Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife gets so mad at me sometimes. I get the FBD running good, then I have to play with it. I tinker with adjustments to get the most out of it. I try and explain to her what I am doing. All she thinks sometimes is, I'm messing it up. Now granted I do have a little history of messing things up on it but not to bad. So yes CUDA I am touching it again.
I am playing with the timmng, It will take as much advance as I can throw at it with no detination. But I notice it starts droping power on the high end. So I take the MSD Mechanical Distributer and put the largest Timing advance stop bushing in. 18 degrees. This cuts done on too much timming on the top. What a difference. I am running about 20 - 22 degree's initial. with the lightest springs in so I get the advace right away in the lower RPM range. big dif from the cam stop bushing that was in there.
I guess she has a hard time understanding that I really learn stuff the more I tinker. I tell her I always check where I am at so I can return the adjustments back were it was running good.
Most of the time SWMBO is VERY supportive of this hobby. But she wants me to leave it alone before I break something!!!!!!!
But dear I would never do that!!! :~)

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I can relate. My SWMBO realized long ago that the word "finished" really never applies to a restoration! She thought I was "finished" two years ago, but I'm still dinking with the 66 and spending money on it!

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
They just DO NOT understand, it is NEVER finished!!!. LOL /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
645 Posts
My SWMBO can't say a damn thing since I maintain her car, too!

Although, it's funny, I just thought of how I will sometimes put stuff off until later... Like, for example, I put new rotors and pads on her Contour for her. I had to open up the bleeders to get the pistons back into their bores. I let air in, and they still needed to be bled, but we ran out of time (had company on their way).

After I drove it and was very pleased at the smoothness of the Napa brakes, and after I covered myself by saying, I still need to bleed the brakes, so the pedal will feel a little spongy, I asked her to test it.

She came back and didn't say anything.. I was like... well??? "It's okay" Me: "what do you mean it's okay, didn't you feel that the terrible vibration is completely gone. her: "ya, but the pedal is low and they squeak" me: "grrrrr #$#% &*%@, we haven't changed the rear shoes yet, cuz we ran out of time, thats where the squeaking is coming from, and the pedal is low because of what I already told you!!!!!"

you're right... sometimes they just don't understand! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.