Vintage Mustang Forums banner

SWMBO Kicked My Car Out...(Garage Issue)

893 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  bob_t 
#1 ·
I knew it was going to happen. You see I normally keep the mustang trailer parked at work. But since I'm taking a two week vacation next week, I'll get back a little early and spend a couple of days playing around with the mustang. So the objective was to get it to my brother's house and park it there during vacation, thus avoiding work. But I parked it in our garage Sunday night to protect it from a rain shower and the wife's car was left outside. It got showered on along with a layer of Mount Saint Helens dust and it looked really bad. Glad it wasn't my stang. Then I got really busy at work this week and neglected to remove the car.....

Until last night at nine o'clock, SWMBO put her foot down and made me tow the car away....in the dark...to my brother's house. All of this at the end of a LONG day and a long drive almost to Montana to pick up a bunch of sprayer chemicals. Oh well, I have an easy solution. Just build another garage to park the mustang in. Now I know she would go for that, hehe.

#2 ·
Good thing these swmbo's are purdy and smell good and stuff... cuz sometimes you think... "why I otta" while you make a fist, and then punch your open hand hehehe j/k

Ya, build the garage *G*

#3 ·
Time to put your foot down and commit some household funds towards the building of a shop (if possible where you live)...

Women will push us out of the house anyway....where we live and work is then our responsibility...

If you look in my sig picture, you'll see why tranquillity reigns in our household....2600 sq/ft of attitude space, complete with RV and race car parking...*G*. Truth be told, long before I married, I bought this place because of the shop...the house didn't matter *G*

Lastly, train Brown to deliver to the shop....that way the wife won't know what's going on back there.....hehehe

#5 ·
I agree. What's her car? Why it should be caraged? It better be something interesting, otherwise the silent society of repressed married male Mustangers will send a collective jinx to that car, so that your wife will buy a new Mustang to drive about.

#7 ·
Back when I had 3 Mustangs at the same time, I joked with my wife. Told her that if she would leave her car outside, I could park 2 Mustangs in the garage....Boy, did she get mad....Just can't take a joke.....Right after that, she told me that there would be no more that 1 Mustang at a time at home.....

#8 ·
When I proposed a restoration, my wife said, "Okay, but where am I going to park Eddie Bauer (her Explorer). I said, "Hey where am I going to park the '98?" She said, "Well, Eddie's not giving up his side of the garage! You do whatever you want with your side and be sure you don't get any of your crap on my car!" Okay, that was the agreement and I've lived up to my side of the agreement even tho it was damn inconvenient at times. Actually she's been purdy good about it since I have all this stuff hanging from rafters, stacked on shelves, etc. She said, "Why aren't you getting rid of this old junk? You know we could find our way around the garage if you weren't such a pack rat!" Hey! I plan to sell this good junk at a swap meet sometime soon... Hah! No one wants your junk so you better not waste $35 on a booth at the swap meet. You'll be lucky if you get $10 for the lot of that crap! Okay honey, pretty soon, just not today!

G
#9 ·
Are you guys for real? If I had this problem I'd tell my wife "Yo get your bitch ass in the house... and start makin' babies!" LMAO You guys need to do what I did, I got so intolerable & hard to live with my EX took her 4 kids & my new Tempo & split. Found me a good woman that LOVES cars AND makes a ton of money... ya know, think I'll kiss her skwar on da mout today. I'm feeling really lucky right now.
70 Cyclone Spoiler 429 SCJ 4:30 Drag-pak
65 Mustang show car one-owner Un-restored
65 Mustang one-owner
66 Mustang 8-second street legal drag car
90 GT next drag car
68 Hurst Olds 455 4-speed
86 SVO
85 Porsche 944
98 Jeep Wrangler
95 F-150
76 20' E-350 motor home
Too many parts cars to mention

#11 ·
Man I'm sorry to hear that. I had to build a new house with 4 car garage to make my SWMBO happy. I made a deal with her before we build our new house. She could choose the best kitchen what she wants, and I will choose garage. Went fine she have her kingdom, which I'm not using unless I need a drink and I have mine, but her truck is parked inside and that is all what matters to her.

#12 ·
My swmbo has always known that the garage is for guy stuff. So my Boss 302 stays there, my 65 vert, 69 Mach 1 project car, and boat are in the driveway, my truck is on the curb in front of the house, while swmbo has to walk about 5 houses down the street to get to her car. I'm sure she is going to wise up sooner or later, and reclaim a spot closer to home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.