Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Wife's boss has been bugging me now and again to let him drive the FBD (FIre Breathing Dragon). I took it to work today. It is beautiful out, I get out of work just in time to go were she works and have afternoon break with her. She works in a trim shop. We are still working on the free top /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
Any way. He asked again today , I threw him the keys he looked kind of shocked. I got in the passenger side he slid in behind the wheel. He asked if he could squeel the tires. He's a gear head from way back. I said sure go for it. Well we went for a short ride, Needless to say this guy would be in jail if he owned the FBD. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif He goes around the corner and hits 90 just as we are going by a sheriffs station. Luckly for him no one home! He say's, I didn't even try to go that fast it just flew up there so quick! When we got back His hands were shaking so bad he couldn't put the clip back on his Nextel!! LOL He said he hasn't drove a car with that much power in years, if ever.
The way he drove it's gonna be awhile befor he drives FBD again if ever. He's nut's!!! I guess I could bail him out of jail.
He's kinda looking for a Mustang to buy, I told him if he finds one to let me know and I would look at it for him. If He finds one with a big engine, for his families sake I'll steer him away from it /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
680 Posts
Tony: You know, I never let anyone drive my Mustang before,but, now I have let a couple people drive it. It is a ball to see the look on their faces when that big block torque takes ahold.....have seen some BIG eyes as the gas is stomped....
Kind of neat, ain't it....

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I had the same feeling behind the wheel of my friend's 1991 Mustang GT with a fairly warmed over 5.0 liter HO motor.He's done the usual mods, like mass air flow, fuel injectors, intake and exhaust, MSD ignition, and unlike most, Cobra heads. Anyway, the first time I drove that car, I ended up spinning around a corner hanging on for dear life because I thought it'd be FUN to punch the gas while turning right. If I do that in MY car, I light the tires up nice and put down some rubber... When I did it in HIS car, the tacho was flying up to 7,000 RPM and his tires were roasting and we were SPINNING... It was quite a scary experience.

My hands were shaking for 3 hours at the raw power of that car. And it's not even a "muscle car." I've never driven anything with a bigger engine than my dad's 390 GT, which is all stock and didn't have near the balls that my buddy's 91 GT has!

My compliments to all those with big block V8s. I don't know how you guys don't kill yourselves! I drove my Jordan's(my friend) Mustang around for the day while he was driving mine (we switched for a couple days) and I caught myself revving the engine at stoplights just to hear the throaty note of twin Flowmaster 1 chamber mufflers in front of Ford Motorsport headers! Not to mention exceeding the posted speed limit... A few times...

·
Banned
925 Posts
Great story, Tony. Hey, that FBD is TMF (too much fun). As for that WienerMobile - I saw my first when I was three or four! Have a great weekend and don't save the tires, it's almost the 4'th (don't save 'em, smoke 'em!!!!) - Jim

·
Registered
781 Posts
hehehehe!!!!!!! LOLASTD!!!!! Shared your story with SWMBO!!!! hehe!!!! No News yet.... baby is waiting for July 1st!!! Momma wants a ruby!!!!
JDiehl
70 76B Convert 351 C4v w/a shaker!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
You might suggest a Fox body stang with a 4 banger under the hood....LOL. He may have the last laugh however, and stuff a 429 in there! Maybe I can drive FBD next year eh?!?!? Not?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts