Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you hear and see the likenesses between dogs and their owners. I was presented this morning with the thought process that my Mustang and I are also of similar fabric. I am living (out of choice as a sorbet between two phases of my life) in a motorhome in a beautiful park across the street from work. This morning I came out to a cold fall morning with frost covering the old Mustang which I drove last night. I wanted so much to be in my warm bed but work calls.

I got in and she was a bear to start and keep running, took me three tries to fire her up - it took me 3 cups o Joe to get me running this am. The heater was on from last night and the motor bearings moaned and groaned. As I was warming her up I turned on the wipers, they moved 1/4 and stopped. So I reached outside and gave them a boost and sure enough the started slowly but warmed up to speed about the same time the groaning stopped from the defroster. The entire car felt like I did - we both just wanted to be left alone, I had to laugh...

On the outside she is showing serious signs of age but on the inside there is fire in her belly...

...and the final thing that dawned on me driving to work that put a big smile on my face - last night while driving an hour to the park, my left headlight on low beams would wink at cute young cars...

Scarrry...

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
Living in a motorhome across from work is better than a van down by the river! I guess with the Mustang you've got your priorities right for sure. Not sure I'd want to winter in a motorhome in upstate New York though!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Good for you for using your mustang the way God intended! My wife would agree with the statement about owners being like their cars. Lots of passion, but not always dependable...

·
Registered
669 Posts
You may be on to something, though I think it works a bit differently for me. The mustang is improving as I get older. Now, it's not sucking the life out of me; the ex-wife already did that but right now it's pretty much like I was at 25, powerful, dependable, and good looking...well, I'm still good looking.:laugh:

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
I don't even have a heater anymore :shrug: My car probably say's slacker or poser with just a hint of enough of the right stuff to be dangerous.deep down trying to be one of the cool kids :cool:

as for the winky light that's easy to fix with a relay install
Halloween is close ,you could paint free candy on the side of the motorhome

·
Premium Member
6,378 Posts
I've had my Mustang 27 years and I am recognized because of it... synonymous with it.
A drop of oil in the blower motor, a headlight or dimmer switch, maybe a bulb...been there, done that ! Haha !
WHAT A GREAT CAR.
Simple, reliable, stylish, affordable and easily an extension of the owner's personality. Funny how the owner's personality can become an extension of the car ! Drive on !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts