Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!

Our T-10 four speed rebuild ran into some problems. Long story short, we are looking for a place to buy second and third gear, and a mainshaft. My transmission guy’s part supplier has two part numbers for each gear, and they both have the same description— we suspect we might have put the wrong gears in, but we have no way of knowing because the descriptions are identical.

So, can anybody please provide the name of where they got or sourced their T-10 parts? Anybody have a knowledgeable transmission parts supplier they’ve worked with that they love?

Thanks in advance!
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alex,
When I rebuilt my transmission, I purchased my parts through the gear box. I did not need to replace any gears, but I see on their website that they carry gears. It might be worth a call to them.

Perfect, this is exactly the sort of input I'm looking for. Thanks for the name, I'll pass them on to my transmission guy and he can give them a call. Much appreciated!

Cheers, Alex

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don’t know if these two work with T10’s, but they are both awesome for Toploaders. They might know!

Dan Williams and David Kee

Mark
Great, thanks for the names! We will give them a call and talk to them :) Thanks again!

Alex

·
Registered
182 Posts
Another vote here for David Kee Toploaders. Very knowledgeable, good inventory, good prices, prompt shipping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts