Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on doing the T-5 transmission swap soon. In the course of my research on the subject, it dawned on me that no one has included how to connect the backup lights to the T-5.
So I ask you guys that have done the swap, what did you do to connect the existing wiring to the transmission? Please be specific, include any new parts required that you had to purchase or fabricate to accomplish the task.
Thanks

·
Registered
540 Posts
T-5s have a built in reverse switch in the tranny. all you do is run a power wire to one side of the switch and the reverse lights to the other side. They sell a harness that makes it easy but it is way over priced and it is very easy to build your own with some basic connectors.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
You can see the back-up light switch in this pic, under the slave cylinder bracket to the right of the cylinder itself.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/570000-570999/570535_70_full.jpg
Like 67fastbackguy said, simply run power to one side and your lights to the other.

Dave

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
Just get the harness that came with the transmission or go to the pick-n-pull and get one. They have nice rubber caps with molded-in connectors for the pins; much better than exposed wires.

I got mine from Modern Driveline when I picked up the transmission. Bruce can sell you one if he has any.

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Pathfinder,
Is that a hydrolic clutch s/u you have in your pic?

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts