Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Score!!!!!!!!!!
I picked up a new in the box T-5 today. What a deal $1168.00. I beleive the dealer has 1 more left at this price. Actually he discounted it an additional 50 since I picked it up.
Now I just need to gather the other pcs. ( cross member, mount, yoke, bellhousing, shift lever and handle,) for the swap.
My Friend who is helping me with the labor and the shop seems to think we need a new/different pilot bushing/bearing. I don't recall any of the accounts I've read regarding the swap, of the bearing requiring to be changed. Not that it wouldn't be a bad Idea to do it "While I'm at it."
BTW I sold the T-10 to help finance this project.
::

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
It's not a bad idea to go the late model pilot bearing. It is a actual bearing as apposed to the old brass bushing.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Not a bad price, but definitely nothing great. Summit Racing sells them for $1149 every day. I bought mine from D&D for $1090 delivered to my door.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Did you check out Atro performance transmission in Tavarres did you?
I think they have that same tranny for $900 and some change.
What bell housing are you going with? You could use a toploader bell with the adapter plate.

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Isn't funny how "everyone" has a better Deal after you buy!.... :winkgrin:..... :lol:

·
Registered
737 Posts
Isn't funny how "everyone" has a better Deal after you buy!.... :winkgrin:..... :lol:

EXACTLY what I was going to say :lol:. I'll bet if you got it brand new in the box for $99 someone would post about buying their's for $98.

I say if you got the money, want it bad enough, and are happy with it---then you got a great deal no matter what the price. :)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I guess if you consider all the web sites (mostly the ones you guys have recommended, Dark horse performance, D&D, Hanlon MS, Modern driveline, Astro performance) I looked at and dealers I called, all wanting sums that came close to that for rebuilts, or new in the box at 1200-1500, plus Fl sales tax and shipping. I feel like I got a deal. Is it a great deal? Probably not the best, but I'm happy with it. That was my TOTAL price, tax, tag and delivered to my tailgate.
Swmbo even encouraged me to go for a new one instead of a used or rebuilt. You GOTTA love that.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts

EXACTLY what I was going to say :lol:. I'll bet if you got it brand new in the box for $99 someone would post about buying their's for $98.

I say if you got the money, want it bad enough, and are happy with it---then you got a great deal no matter what the price. :)
All he had to do was ask. :)

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Hey I just wanted to make sure you knew they (astro) was right out your back door. I myself just recently found them. ::

1 - 11 of 11 Posts