Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard there's a kit for adapting a T-5 and later 302 to Vintage Fords. I'm wanting to put such a setup in my '64 Ranchero and am not sure where to start. I have a K-member from a 87 5.0 rollover but...

'67 A-Code Coupe
'68 C-Code Coupe (SWMBO's)
'86 SVO 1D
'86 SVO 2A
[email][email protected] [/Email]

·
Registered
514 Posts
Oh you have a ranchero, that's really cool. I'm looking for one of those myself. I really like the 62 and 63s. I think a 64 is just the same as putting the T-5 in a 65 mustang. I know NPD, Mustangs ulimited and Mustangs Plus all have conversion parts. I think you have to have a special custom cross member for the tranny.

http://216.71.48.244/archive/mikecar.jpg

65 Fastback 289 4spd in storage :-(
91 CRX Si... A.K.A. my go-kart with AC!

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Mustangs & Fords has an article on just that subject in their latest edition; they are putting a T5 into a '64 Ranchero. I believe it is the same as putting the trans. into a '65/'66 Mustang except you will need to cut a hole in the trans. tunnel for the shifter. I put a 302/T5 combo in my '65 convertible. I bought an adapter plate, and a cross member designed for this application. I also used an early bellhousing. The trans is out of a '93 GT and the engine is a '68 302. I think the newer 302s (5.0s) go in farly easily but I've never done one so I'll defer on that. It seems to be a popular swap though.

...modified '65 convertible...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts