Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm totally fed up with these idiots designated to ship our new VMF T-shirts and I refuse to be silent about it. Apparently they cannot ship to any alternate address(i.e your office) unless it is the address that corresponds to your credit card billing address. I just received an email indicating that my order was suspended for 18 days until I could accomodate their wishes.

Well.... I just cancelled my order, express shipping and all....

Sorry Bob Dooley, but you chose a Mickey Mouse outfit to handle fulfillment arrangements! I'll just wear my VMF T-shirt from last year instead. I can't believe that there is really this much incompetence still lurking on the net these days. Sorry to rant, but I guess I got spoiled by the efficiency of Amazon and thought everyone else had their [censored] together too.

So enjoy your new T-shirts, If and When they arrive. I'll be double-checking my credit card statement in case those Bozos do what I think they'll do.

"When you hear pounding hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras." - Dr. Harold Slavkin, Dean USCSD

·
Registered
673 Posts
Yeah, I've dealt with a number of companies on the net (especially when buying computer components) that insist that I ship the merchandise to my billing address on my VISA card. Eventually, I had to have a second address (my work address) put on my VISA card as an "alternate" so they'd stop shipping to my front door in the middle of the day when someone could just walk up and snag my new $250 motherboard. Yeesh. It was (is) a pain in the ass, but some companies just haven't grown up yet, that's all.

Thespazardman

/forums/images/icons/blush.gif/forums/images/icons/cool.gif/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif/forums/images/icons/frown.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/mad.gif/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif/forums/images/icons/smile.gif/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

[color:purple]1968 C Code Coupe with C4
swapped in J Code and Toploader 4 speed
</font color=purple>

/forums/images/icons/blush.gif/forums/images/icons/cool.gif/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif/forums/images/icons/frown.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/mad.gif/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif/forums/images/icons/smile.gif/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
911 Posts
That same thing happened to me when I used Pay-pal. I got a letter saying the suspended my order becuase I had a different shipping address. I made it very clear in an e-mail to them and in the paypal e-mail that the itmes should be shipped to my office. Every Mustang vendor I have ever bought a part from has shipped me my items to whatever address I indicate. The Fullfilment house doesn't seem to be able to handle standard shipping business.

To make things worse, when I responded to their e-mail that they could go ahead and ship the order to my billing adress, I received back an e-mail telling me they canceled my order.

I'm very happy that the time was taken to make the T-shirt and a place was found to help us buy it easier. Lets just choose a better fullfilment house next time.

Mustang Parts makes a great addiction.

·
Registered
655 Posts
This "feature" actually saved me $400.00!!! Someone got a hold of my credit card info and attempted to buy stuff off the web with an alternate ship to address. The company accepting the order would not ship to the alternate address and called me to cancel. I've got a name and address to where he/she wanted the stuff shipped. They will get caught one day.

69 Fastback <== Still Not Complete After 4 Years
66 Fastback 6cyl, 3 speed <== Collecting Parts for a 5.0 EFI conversion

·
Registered
948 Posts
I got the same E-mail today. I sent them a reply that they probably don't want to hear, but I have yet to have to provide this type of information to someone that doesn't specify what the order was for. I knew it was for the T-shirts but they could have told you what the order was for. I told them they could ship to my billing address if they used the post office but if the only use UPS, then I would contact them back. I have to use a different shipping address because UPS can not get into my place because we keep the gate locked and I will not accept them leaving any shipments next to the gate for anyone to pick up. I will wait to I hear back from them before I cancel, but if we can not come to an agreement then I will cancel myself.

Ronnie
1965 coupe in the building stage

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Had the same problem with the alternate address. I live in Vancouver BC and have a delivery address in Point Roberts Washington. No way I could get it delivered there, so will see if it arrives at home.

[color:blue]68 GT500[color:blue]
[color:green]68 1/2 CJ Coupe</font color=green>

[color:red]MCA# 18519[color:red]

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I have a Personal Mailbox here in California, so I just have everything shippe dthere... It's identical to my credit card billing addy. so it works out well!

·
Registered
239 Posts
well! hi-de-hi, guy's, i live in NewZealand.Hope I don't have trouble getting mine.

65,289,c4,lemans red

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I use cash with PayPal instead of a credit card and that leaves me without a "Verified" shipping address so I just e-mail the vendor as to what to expect.

'67 A-Code Coupe
'68 C-Code Coupe (SWMBO's)
'86 SVO 1D
'86 SVO 2A
[email][email protected] [/Email]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've had this problem in the past. I called my credit card company and had an alternate shipping address put on the account. They ask you some of the personal security questions before doing it.

The fulfillment house then has to call the credit card company to verify the alternate address before shipping.

It seems like alot of work but based upon the business they're losing it would probably be in their best interest to do it.

I'm having my shirt sent to my home so I don't need to do this but if anyone else has success with this I would suggest they let everyone know under a new thread so everyone sees it.

http://www.hurtle.com/cars/mustang/sig.gif
Please contribute to my Reproduction Parts Rating Site

·
Registered
41 Posts
Time to put down the keyboard and pick up the phone. I also received an e-mail indicating they could not ship to an alternate address that was not registered with my credit card company. I called the 800 number and Right Stuf cheerfully said no problem, we'll simply send it parcel post so it can be delived to your home and a signature will not be required. They confirmed some information and that was that.

Tom Nash
68 Coupe, 5.0 EFI, 5sp

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Bob: Shipment to your billing address only is something your credit card issuer imposes on the vendor before they'll authorize the sale. It is a feature called 'AVS' (address verification service) that the CC Associations (Visa, M/C, Discover) imposed on their issuing banks because of an epidemic of fraud by people who would snag your CC number from a trashcan or copy it from a sales receipt (if they work at a store). They would then go on a telephone/Internet shopping spree and have the merchanidise sent to their buddy's house or some other place.

If the vendor didn't require this, they'd be on the hook for any fraud losses, because they didn't get the sale authorized. It's a sad situation, but until some other means (like smart cards that you use with your own point of sale equipment attached to your computer) are available to thwart these slimebags that steal peoples cards and even their identity, we have little choice.

I say 'we' because I work for one of the largest credit card issuing banks in the country.

Glenn Morgan: 66 GT V-Burgundy Fastback 351w+toploader+9 in. TracLoc. Started out as a rusted-out Chicago-area crusher. After sacrificing a solid 66 coupe for its sheetmetal sub-assemblies, I have one solid (and expensive) work in progress!

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
As I mentioned to you in your car..I never even received an email stating my order was confirmed..so I have no idea if my order was ever put through..but I'll reserve comment until I get home and check my regular mail..who knows..the shirt might be there.

'59 T-Bird..[color:blue]'70 Mustang Convert</font color=blue>...[color:green]'72 Mach One</font color=green>
http://clubs.hemmings.com/baymustang/t-bird.jpg
The Black Bird At 42,she's the oldest in my Ford stable

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Using the same piece of plastic, I have purchased stuff from NPD, Amazon, CDNow and other companies with online ordering and had it shipped to an alternate address. Never had a question or problem. Down where I live, packages dont seem to arrive at their destinations securely. There is no way Im leaving this at the door.

"When you hear pounding hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras." - Dr. Harold Slavkin, Dean USCSD

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i feel you...everyone says they have received there or heard word about it...now with me still nothing!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts